Monday, January 3, 2011

Come On

There is nothing quite as exhilarating as meeting your favorite band...or any band, for that matter.

I remember almost one year ago, I found myself stalking two middle aged ladies all for the sake of meeting a band. I went to a Needtobreathe concert that night with my best friend and one of her friends. While we were waiting for the concert to start, the middle aged women standing in front of us asked us to save their spot. Although we found it odd that two women of their advanced age were at this concert and trying to save a spot so close to the stage, we agreed, thinking nothing other than it would guarantee us a great spot and a good view.

However, upon their return, we discovered something amazing! They were there because they were part of a “Dallas crew” that helped sell the Needtobreathe merchandise at their concerts. They told us all about a particular time that after the show, they were invited to dinner with the band and were serenaded with my favorite song of theirs, “Again.” The women then began telling us all about how they had gotten into the merchandise business, and that they knew another band, Green River Ordinance, who was at the show that night. After the show, we made it a point to find them, thinking it was the perfect opportunity to meet Needtobreathe. We “conveniently” located ourselves next to them, and, of course, they saw us. Excitement radiated from their faces upon seeing us, and they immediately said, “Oh, girls! Come here. This is the band Green River Ordinance we were telling you about.” The band was really nice, and we enjoyed meeting them. Afterwards, I actually looked up some of their music, and now they’re one of my favorite bands!



-Megan Jones

1 comment:

  1. That was really interesting! And really relatable! really made me think of the first time i met one of my favorite bands.

    ReplyDelete